Questions that really don't have answers

Hello once again everybody. I decided to deviate slightly today because my previous post focused on fashion and I wanted to post something on a completely different topic. This post is mainly centred around morality and some fairly unanswerable questions (in my opinion). These questions aren't mindbogglingly complicated, nor do they require complex equations or a knowledge of quantum electrodynamics to solve, but they do not have a definite answer. I'm very sure that other people have blogged about certain moral dilemmas and how they would overcome them. So I have decided to hop on the bandwagon and do a similar sort of thing. My inspiration (and questions) for this post comes from this website:
http://www.marcandangel.com/2009/07/13/50-questions-that-will-free-your-mind/
I urge everyone who reads this post to go to this website and read the other questions. I will only be using a few that have really caught my eye and got me to think, but there may be other questions that intrigue you more. I think we all have to stop, read and think about questions like these because they put life into an entirely different perspective (or at least for me). I hope you enjoy it and I would love to know how you would go about answering such questions. I realise that most of these questions may seem quite philosophical, but it helps if we keep our minds open to new theories and ideas.

1. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Oh what a never-ending question? I despise questions like these because I have so many different ideas that instantly spring to my mind and now I have the arduous task of organising them and making them more coherent. For me, failing (at pretty much anything) is a big phobia. It may sound slightly delusional, but I'm desperately afraid of failing (in general). But, on the other hand, what would be the point of living life without trying anything new? I think one way of looking at it is, that if we never try, we may never fail, but we will also lose our chances of ever succeeding. So I guess it comes down to whether we are willing to fail before eventually succeeding. In my opinion, both aspects are as bad as each other. I know that that was an easy way of getting out of the question, but for me, failing is probably as bad as never trying.


2. If you could offer a newborn child one piece of advice, what would it be?
This is a very difficult question because there are so many variables that the answer depends on. But, if this was a perfect an ideal world, where every newborn child had the potential of living 'normal' lives and weren't born to an impoverished family or weren't born into a celebrity lifestyle, then the question would be more relatable. However, since that is definitely not the world we live in, I'm going to have to adapt my answer. I would say.... stay true to yourself and stick to what you know is right and wrong. Will that suffice? I'm not sure, but you can leave some suggestions in the comments if you have any better ideas.

3. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Basically this question prompts you to ponder whether you would rather suffer from retrograde or anterograde amnesia. Essentially, I don't want to suffer from amnesia at all, but certain incidents in life can stop you from being able to chose what memories you'd like to keep. I think it depends on what stage of life you are at. Personally, I would rather be able to make new memories because I'm only sixteen and I'll hopefully be able to make new memories in the future. Unfortunately I have so many old memories that I treasure and I don't want to forget them either. This is such a tough question...

4. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
I'm so sorry for burdening you with such awkward questions... You don't have to answer this one if you don't want to. As you can imagine, this is one of those questions that ideally you shouldn't have to think about. But, if you're somebody who always over-analyses the consequences of your actions, then it might take you a while to conjure up your answer. Not that I have ever experienced being in this particular situation, but I think I would summon up the mostly non-existent brave side of me and break the law. My reasoning behind it is that the guilt you build up for breaking the law will be cancelled out by the merit you receive for saving your loved one. But seriously, are we all that selfless?

5. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
No! I think this question is quite apt for this day and age where people are constantly trying to make themselves more attractive and thus, famous. Why? I can understand why people may want to do something like that, because they are either bullied or unhappy with the life they are leading. But, doesn't that seem extremely shallow to you? I know that the answer to this question depends on several factors, but ultimately the question should be; whether you will be happier leading a life of fame for 10 less years or living your normal life for an average length of time. Hmmm (cue 'stroking of chin').

So, there we go, a few difficult questions to totally improve your day (and if by the end you're actually crying, curled up in a ball on the floor, then.... I am so very sorry). Thank you very much for reading.
Adios. xxx

Share:

0 comments