I Love Summer Tag

Hello once again everybody. Yes, I am jumping on the bandwagon of yet another tag post. However, this time, I feel it is quite apt for me to do this tag as it is currently thirty-two degrees Celsius outside and I doubt that the weather over here as ever been this good. I know, you're all wondering what I'm doing typing this inside, when the weather seems to have miraculously improved. Well, in order to reconcile with you, I must admit that I do have the window open, so that I can appreciate some of the good weather. I hope that by writing this and emphasising the good weather, I'm not 'jinxing' it (so to speak). Anyway, I will force myself to stop the incessant rambling and proceed towards the tag. Here we go...

1. What is your favourite summer nail polish?
Just to go against the question entirely, I'm going to choose two nail polishes. This is simply because, I like to use both polishes together. My first choice is from L'Oreal's Jet-Set Diamant collection (yes, these polishes are fairly old) and is in the colour 304. It isn't that pigmented but has a very pretty shine to it, that is even more prominent when paired with other colours. I use this to do the tips of my nails. As I am opting for the more minimalistic nail polishes, the matte base colour that I have chosen to cover the rest of my nail is from the Maybelline (New York) Forever Strong Pro collection and is in the colour 130 (Rose Poudre). They are both two nude/beige/rose pink colours that really compliment my skin tone, whilst still looking fairly chic (I think).


2. What is your favourite lip colour this summer?
That's an interesting question because I tend to wear next to no make-up during this season. If I had to choose, I think I would opt for a lip gloss from the Boudoir Beauty Collection in the shade Crimson Kiss. Despite being a lip-gloss, this shade is fairly strong (in colour) and comparatively matte. It can be too strong at times, so I tend to dab some off, in order to get the shade that matches my complexion. Other than that, I would highly recommend it because it is a beautiful coral pink/crimson colour (if you hadn't already guessed from its name).

3. What is your favourite summer dress?
I must admit, there are a various number of dresses that I wear during the summer. But, my favourite happens to be something I bought very recently from my trip to Thailand. Unfortunately, over there, the girls are very small-made and the clothes that are sold there are made in a certain way to capture the target population (being Thai women). So, I found it slightly difficult at times to find clothes that fit my size and shape. Eventually, I came across a shop that made dresses of 'one-size', which mainly featured an elasticated waist. There were some very pretty dresses in an assortment of colours, but I had been looking for a long dress for a while and the mint-green colour drew me to it instantly. What do you think?

4. What is your favourite summer accessory?
I have no second thoughts on the answer to this question, because these have been so reliable over the years. I bought them a few years back in Sri Lanka, even my mother has a similar pair (in a different colour) and we both have to confess that this accessory has survived a lot through the years. Yet, they remain as comfortable and chic as ever. Is the suspension killing you? Well, if you must know, they're only a pair of sandals, but trust me when I say this that, they have been so invaluable to me over the years. I own a light brown/beige pair, whereas my mother own the darker brown/mahogany pair. We both have the same shoe size, so we might swap sandals occasionally.

5. What summer trends are you most excited about this year?
Hmm... I am loving the statement stripes trend. I'm not sure why, because stripes can actually be quite hard to pull off, depending on your shape and whether the stripes are horizontal or vertical. But, it must be said that these days, anyone in bold stripes stands out and those who wear stripes in pretty floral or summery designs look really pretty. Stripes in pastels, or vibrant matte colours are my favourite fashion trend of this season. I also love the culmination of stripes and the nautical theme because they compliment each other so well. What do you think?

6. What is your favourite summer candle?
Now this is actually quite challenging because 'lo and behold', I'm not actually a candle person. Well, it's not that I don't like candles, it's just that I don't have several dotting around my bedroom. Primarily, I think it's because I'm fairly clumsy and have no intention of burning down the house. However, I love smelling candles whenever I see them, so I suppose I can answer that question on smell alone. My favourite of all the scents would have to be some sort of jasmine scented candle. I adore the scent of jasmine, so I presume I would fall in love with any candle featuring a jasmine scent.

7. What is your favourite summer perfume?
This would undoubtedly have to be the Anais Anais Eau de Toilette by Cacharel. To be honest, I've had this fragrance for years and I love it because it's very simple. The packaging is very simple and the smell is a combination of a fruity, florally scent that isn't too overbearing and is very girly. I think it's great for the summer, because you don't want a strong perfume for the daytime. For the night, a perfume like Gucci Flora may be more appropriate.

8. What is the weather like where you live in the summer?
Well, I live in the east of England in the county of Norfolk. England isn't famous for its perfect summers, but so far it hasn't been too bad. The temperature has reached highs above thirty degrees, so at times, it has been very hot over here. But, that temperature never sustains itself, so it's little unpredictable over here. In Sri Lanka, it's continuously hot and humid, so I am familiar with the heat.

9. What is your favourite thing about the summer?
Personally, I just love how beautiful everything looks. The trees, the flowers... everything around you looks so much more alive because of the sun. The warmth is also very refreshing because you don't have to don so many layers and you begin to feel more comfortable. I also really enjoy being in the garden towards the evening/night, when it has cooled down a bit because of the breeze. I just find it so relaxing.

10. What are your plans for your summer vacation?
Well, I've already kind of been on holiday. I recently went to Sri Lanka and Thailand for two weeks. So, my 'holidaying' so to speak is over. Nowadays, I'm just enjoying the weather and I may start doing some volunteering at close-by charities. I know that my father is planning to go to Spain or Italy during the end of August, in order to occupy us during the bank-holiday weekend. Other than that, I don't have any other strict plans for the summer. What about you? (Comment below if you would like me to do a post on my recent trip to Thailand and Sri Lanka).

Well, there we have it, the end of the tag. I hope you found this interesting. I would like to tag anyone who reads this post. Once again, thank you so much for reading.

Adios. xxx

Share:

0 comments