Time... please slow down!

Hello once again my friends, how's life? Is everything okay? Is it just me, or is the world spinning slightly faster? I can't spin my head around (see what I did there) just how fast the world works. From dawn till dusk, different people in different countries will be doing completely different things from one another. Some will be making life-changing decisions on their future, whilst others are making far more significant decisions that are to change the lives of many. Some will be living according to a routine, waking up, going to work to do the same monotonous job that they've been doing for what seems like a lifetime, hoping and praying that they'll land their 'dream job' someday. Others are working non-stop to make ends meet for their growing family, whilst feeling trapped under heavy financial problems. Others are living life for the fun of it, doing just what they love and not committing themselves to a particular lifestyle. They are experimenting with everything that life is throwing at them, trying to consume their youth with as many daredevil stunts as possible. They are living for the moment. Others are coming to the end of their life and they are fully aware of it. They've experienced some highs and some lows, they've seen their loved ones grow up around them and they are treasuring the memories that were made. Whatever stage of life you're in, there is something going on, be it wonderfully fulfilling or depressingly tedious. No matter what it is that you do, time is the ultimate decider.


Time governs everyone and everything. The synthetic world of money, materials and machines still bow down to the immeasurable power of time. It isn't something that we can take lightly. Do we really understand it? After all, it was us that constrained it to hours, minutes and seconds. But, our power over time ends there. There are new technologies that are so advanced which enable us to theoretically go back in time and witness history in the modern world, but that is simply a weak substitute for time-travelling. As for the future, we can only predict using (yet again) some machines built by us. Despite these machines being highly advanced, can they really compare to the strength of time? I think not. But, the day we learn to bend time, then I shall reconsider my opinion on man's stronghold on time. It seems like yesterday when I was celebrating my ninth birthday. Opening the presents, seeing the cake, blowing out the candles. Those memories remain within my mind, within some photos and a video, but reliving that moment is a task that is virtually impossible. It is bound within the framework of time itself, slipping further and further from my reach as I type this. But, that phenomenon is something that we have grown to accept.

I've come to respect the power of time over the years. Sooner rather than later, I'll be looking back on this post and remembering the thoughts rushing through my head as I typed it. As I write, those thoughts are in the past. Scary thought isn't it? People around me, that I remember as toddlers are soon growing to heights above me. Their thoughts are becoming more mature and you can see their once childish nature being snatched from them, by none another than time itself. People I look up to are now ageing slowly and the signs of this are becoming even more evident. But I can't do anything about that, it's just the way of life. You want to hold them close and stop any of the changes, but you can't trap yourself in one moment in time. The world is changing at a fast pace, which to me seems like it is contributing to the acceleration of time (if that's even possible). Days, weeks, months and years pass you by, while you sit there wondering, how you have managed to live this long on earth. But, for most teenagers and youngsters out there, our lives are just beginning. What we make of the time that we have been given on this earth is up to us. I understand that not everyone in the world has the same opportunities, but I do know that everyone has one life. Despite the ubiquity of time, we must be able to forge a future for ourselves, so that we make most of what little time we actually have. Don't you think?

There we have it, my little musings on time and it's profound effect on the life we lead and the people that we lead it with. I apologise for it being so long, but I had so many different thoughts that were essential to this post. Once again, thanks for reading. Have a good day and be nice to everyone.

Adios. xxx

Share:

0 comments