Quotes and sayings that I love.

Hello everyone. 
This may seem random and you may be thinking 'oh dear, she's running out of options to write about', but quite the contrary. This is a topic that I find quite interesting, sweet and touching. I have in no way created any of these sayings in my compilation, but as there is a variety of sayings out there, I have chosen my favourites. Hope you enjoy.

1. These are two quotes that I particularly like in terms of inspiration:
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.”
Walt Disney Company, Mulan 


“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.”
I think they both encompass the idea that you have to experience hardships before you get to the place you want to and that taking the 'easy' route may get you somewhere, but it won't allow you to stand out and be the best that you can. 

2. Here are two rather different quotes about family:
“When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching -- they are your family." ― Jim Butcher


“What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.”
Mother Teresa

I think both quotes express important aspects about family and how much we should appreciate their company. I know that these days it's very hard to stay in contact with everybody, especially if they live half way around the world, but we shouldn't leave it until the last moment to talk to them, because it may eventually be too late.

3. These are two quotes and sayings about love that I find particularly interesting:
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
Marilyn Monroe



“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr. Seuss

I think one is pertinent to someone who has just ended a relationship and the other can relate to those who are currently in a new relationship. Either way, I think the quotes are able to tell two different stories that I can certainly relate to (not through experience unfortunately, but through meaning).

4. These are two quotes relating to the theme of friendship:
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
C.S. Lewis


“Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh?" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's hand. "I just wanted to be sure of you.”
A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh



I think they are really adorable quotes and very accurate in my opinion. Friendship is one of those obscure aspects because it can be so different for so many people. The top quote relates to the starting of a friendship and the latter quote relates to a long-term friendship.

5. Here are some humorous quotes to end with, I hope you enjoyed this post.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
Albert Einstein



“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Steve Martin



“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”
Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt


“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.”
Jim Henson



“Be nice to nerds. You may end up working for them. We all could.”
Charles J. Sykes, Dumbing Down Our Kids: Why American Children Feel Good About Themselves But Can't Read, Write, or Add


“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
Albert Einstein

If you want to know the website that I got all of these quotes from, here it is: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes


Adios. xxx

Share:

0 comments